Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Balsa Wood Bridal Bouquet

Photos from: http://www.lucydylanweddings.com/

Balsa wood bridal bouquets? Who would have thought? They are handmade from tapioca wood peel, also called sola wood, a naturally derived paper product. Since they aren’t technically a live flower, they never die making them the perfect eco-friendly alternative to a floral bouquet.

Contact your local florist and see where you can get them. If for some reason your florist can’t find them check out Save on Crafts, they offer art and craft supplies at discounted prices!

24 comments:

MerryS said...

I've never seen these, interesting!

Jill said...

not sure I'd want to carry them but might be fun for my house

amber said...

very cool! some of the craft sites sell these

drew said...

interesting, not sure I'd want to carry them, but..

Jenny said...

I'm tempted to order some from a craft site just to see what they look like in person.

tenleyanne said...

Interesting, not quite what I want tho

Misha said...

hmm..can't decide if I love them or hate them! LOL

jada said...

I really like these! If I wasn't using red for my accents this wd be an nice option.

AnneM said...

Cool!

anna g said...

These are interesting, not sure I want to carry them for my wedding, but I might like a vase full

pat said...

Nice for a outdoor wedding or beach

maria said...

INteresting, not sure I'd want them for my wedding tho

amy a said...

Great for a beach wedding or casual outdoors maybe

Cathy L said...

hmmm...

liza said...

interesting concept.

Chrissy and Paul said...

Not what I want for Chrissy for our wedding. Want the REAL thing.

michelle said...

Not for me, but I'm sure someone will like them.

latoya said...

very beachy.

Connnie said...

great for a beach wedding

kary l said...

a little casual for my wedding, but I'm sure perfect for something outdoors especially or rustic

cathyd said...

maybe better for an outdoor wedding, mine's a little formal for this

Flick said...

need more color for me.

ginadg said...

very cool!

Sarah H said...

I love these!