Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Divine Curves Bridal Salon--Plus Size With A Difference


I was in a bridal salon last week and happened to notice a salesperson waiting on a plus size bride.  Actually she was bullying the bride to be.  Insisting that the tiny dress she had stuffed her into would look wonderful once they got it for her in her size.  The poor bride!  She was exposed to the ridicule of some not too nice shoppers and I felt so bad for her! Not to mention expected to order a wedding gown having no idea what it would actually look like on her.  So when I came home I decided to look for a bridal salon that I could recommend to plus size readers.  I was happy to find Divine Curves Bridal. While I haven't had a chance to visit this store in person, just reading their mission statement on their web site made me a believer!  If I lived in the OKC area I'd go and visit them for myself.  They offer a variety of gowns JUST for plus size brides.  And they are planning on offering a line of lingerie in the near future, so stay tuned!  The owner of the salon started it after having a bad experience shopping with her daughter for her gown, so she knew just what she thought would be the perfect plus size gown shopping experience. Kudos to Divine Curves for recognizing the need for gowns and service that make the plus sized bride feel like a queen on her wedding day.   Take some time to read the comments posted by brides who were customers of Divine Curves and I think you'll see just why I was so impressed. 

No comments: