Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DIY Cakes?

There is one easy way to have a DIY cake.  Instead of having a traditional wedding cake, go for several layers cakes displayed on tiered cake stands.  You can rent or buy these stands and put a traditional layer cake that is easy to make at home and easy to transport as well.  You can buy decorations for you cakes that make them look like you are a pro, or consider a simple easy to do yourself decoration. The cake stands shown are available on http://www.weddingfads.com/.  The decorations on these cakes are available at the same site.

5 comments:

LissaG said...

So I order the flowers premade, made a few layer cakes and voila! Way cheaper than a tiered cake!

Latoya said...

What a great idea! My gmother loves to bake, this would make it easy for her but still gorgeous.

Julie said...

This is a great idea! I have basic cake decorating skills but hated the idea of attempting a multi tiered cake! This solves all my problems!

Lin C said...

Great idea!

MellieJane said...

I love this idea! I can do my own cakes and not get gouged by the wedding machine!