WEDDING DAY WEEKLY
(Formerly "The Wedding Queen")
A resource blog helping brides plan memorable wedding days.
Search This Blog
Monday, June 13, 2011
A Bride's Greatest Concern? Bathrooms and The Bride
I wasn't sure whether I should post this under DIY or just the general wedding blog, so here it is, and I'll post it on the DIY page as well. Obviously this is a serious consideration for any bride! So here it is. It's a direct quote from TheWeddingbee.
On arrival at your venue
* Open the door of the ladies' room and look in.
* If the floor is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.
* If the floor is clean, walk into the ladies' room and open the door of the handicapped stall.
* If the floor of the handicapped stall is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.
This ensures that you will not later get the train/back of the dress dirty just by having it touch the floor. When you need to go
* Walk into the handicapped stall. Remove (don't just pull down) your underpants.
* Facing the toilet, pull up the front of your dress to your waist.
* Walk straight forward, so you are straddling the toilet, and sit down that way. The train/back of your dress will now be away from the toilet, so you won't get them wet or dirty.
* Lean forward before peeing. That way, even if you drop the front of the dress onto the seat, you will not pee in its direction.