Details are what make your wedding special. One small but important detail (and a great way to stamp your own personality on your day) is your choice of a wedding garter. You can purchase a ho-hum garter anywhere, but here's you chance to WIN (YES, brides and grooms, this is a giveaway!) the garter of your choice from special event garter designer Deborah, from Etsy.com's The Pink Birdhouse store or her other Etsy store known as Garter Mademoiselle.
Deborah's personal story is as romantic as her garters! Originally from Southern New Jersey in the United States Deborah now resides in Germany where as she puts it she "moved to Germany many years ago to marry the really cute blonde haired young man that at one time had been my dear penpal, and later I met in person while traveling Europe on vacation one fateful September. Some how I always knew that the country where my grandmother was born was simply my destiny!" (I do love destiny!) Deborah continues saying "I passionately enjoy the pleasure of handstitching flowers from soft silk ribbons, an old art from the early 1900's called Victorian Ribbonwork. My new collections of bridal and all occasion garters are lavishly decorated with these roses and blossoms. I especially like to work with vintage ribbons and trims, the thought that they are old and yet in such wonderful condition makes them a pleasure to work with. I like to combine those vintage ribbons with new, bringing the past and present together."
Deborah offers single garters or garter sets where one garter is for tossing, the other a keepsake for the bride. These garters are also perfect for other special occasions.
What can you win in this garter giveaway? The garter or garter set of your choice from either Deborah's The Pink Birdhouse store on Etsy.com or her Garter Mademoiselle store on Etsy.com. The choice of garters for the winner only include those that are still listed in the shops at the time of the blog giveaway's ending, no custom ordering one or changing of colors. If a bride falls in love with a garter that she likes before the end of the contest, but it sells in the mean time, it is unfortunately no longer part of the winner's choices.
***(Please use the hyperlinks included in this post to enter. There is another Etsy store known as The Pink Birhouse that sells, of all things, birdhouses. Any tweeting, comments, likes, or posts about the incorrect Etsy store will lead to disqualification of that entry.
How can you enter this giveaway?
1. Go to The Pink Birdhouse Etsy Store and browse and write a comment on which garter you like best and why.
2. Go to Garter Mademoiselle Etsy Store and browse and write a comment on which garter you like best and why.
3. Tweet about The Pink Birdhouse and the garters there. Note below w/your twitter handle.
4. Tweet about Garter Mademoiselle and the garters there. Note below w/your twitter handle.
5. If you have a Pinterest account post a photo from the Pink Bird House Etsy Store of your favorite garter with the link to the appropriate Etsy Store. Post the link to your Pinterest post. Leave a note in the comment section below.
6. If you have a Pinterest account post a photo from Garter Mademoiselle Etsy Store of your favorite garter with the link to the appropriate Etsy Store. Post the link to your Pinterest post. Leave a notation in the comment section below.
7. Like the blog post.
1. This contest is open to anyone. Just follow the rules.
2. The winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter to guarantee a truly random winner.
3. The choice of garters includes any garter still listed in the shops at the time of the blog giveaway's ending, no custom ordering or changing of colors, etc. If a bride chooses a garter that she likes before hand, but it sells in the mean time, it is unfortunately no longer part of the winner's choices.
4. The garter will be sent to you directly from Deborah.
5. The giveaway starts on January 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM; it ends on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM. EST
6. I will notify the winner by email as well as post it on the blog. Add my email address to your address book so it doesn't disappear into your spam file.
**Disclaimer: Please note, the editor of this blog has recieved a free sample garter of her choice in exchange for hosting this giveaway. Anything not is quotation marks is the editor's personal opinion and is not effected by the running of this giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway