Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

To Theme or Not to Theme--Your Wedding


There is trend currently to have 'theme weddings.'  The inspiration board above is one of them.  This link also shows a few other 'do nots' for your wedding day, as well as some additional points of view. 

Obviously this bridal couple decided on a theme (not one I would choose) but to each their own.  I prefer weddings that reflect the personality of the bride and groom, and I guarantee I don't want skeletons on top of my wedding cake or as jewelry. 

If you are thinking about a theme wedding consider what you'll think of it in fifty years--it's bad enough my kids laughed hysterically at the length of my husband's hair at our wedding--if we'd had a cake with skeletons they'd probably have tried to commit us! Wedding themes are like naming your dog.  Don't have one (or in the dog's case choose a name) that you wouldn't be embarrassed to be hearing about for years (or in the canine's case yelling down the street). 

I'm not advocating cookie cutter weddings, quite the opposite.  I'm advocating using good taste and choosing a look that will stand the test of time.  Don't go so far out there that in a few years you'll be wishing 'oh my gosh, I can't believe I did that'.  Just some food for thought.

No comments: