Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Designers and Condoms -- Shades of Jersey Shore?

Photo courtesy of The Monki (a web site for the newest trends) and designer Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton, whose logo is on everything from fashion to your favorite luggage and other accessories has a new product.  That's right ladies, now you (and your favorite man) can carry this fashionable condom by Louis Vuitton!  I have to admit, this is one thing I never thought I'd see designer logos on, but I guess if they can make money by imprinting a logo on it, it was only a matter of time before it happened. 


I shudder to think what the next thing the PR folks at LV will decide to put their logo on, but the obviously the phrase 'anything goes' is alive and well at LV! 


The price point on these condoms is a mere $68--the cost of a few inches of inexpensive material just went way up! Of course I guess you'd have to count in the cost of the wrapper which is also stamped with the LV logo. 


But it seems Louis Vuitton isn't the only one out there pushing condoms to the label whores.  Ed Hardy's 'Monsieur Bond' ( for some reason there's a tilda over the o ) has their own sexline as well.  Well they say 'sex sells' so I guess these guys took the phrase literally!  Monsieur Bond doesn't come with a hefty price tag though, so while it carries a designer name it's not going break the bank.
The question is what do you do when you're with a guy who whips out one of these? Personally, I'd run for the hills.  He's obviously someone who is in love with himself, Shades of a man like 'The Situation' and Jersey Shore.  I mean who else would wear one of these?  I shudder to think! 

Maybe I'm just not hip enough, not with it enough, but since designer clothes often fray apart at the seams, I wouldn't want to chance it on one of these babies! (oops! a split condom and you could end up with a baby or some gross disease.) No, you won't find me buying these, but I don't think I'm their target demographic anyway!  Are you? 

No comments: